Friday, July 15, 2011

Kelly's "Campaigner Cookies"

Get ready!
You now have the secret to the WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!

There's no way to say this humbly...
...I'm sorta locally famous for my cookies now that I've made them all but maybe 6 Wednesdays the last four years.
I have actually met high school kids from our town who have said,
"OH! YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE COOKIES!"
I have made them every Wednesday when we have had our Young Life bible study that we call "Campaigners," so they have become known locally as "Campaigner Cookies."
"What makes them so good?"
Dallas replies, "Love."
Cheesy, I know, but it's the truth. :)

I cannot take credit for these, however...
My mom gave me the recipe she's used my whole life,
and she said she got it off the butter flavored crisco container. :)

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2c butter flavored crisco
2 1/2c light brown sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla-use the real stuff, please!
4 Tbsp milk
2 large eggs
4c flour
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 entire bags of MINI semisweet chocolate chips
(This is the doubled recipe. Split in half for a small batch)

Preheat oven to 375.
Blend Crisco, brown sugar, vanilla and milk until mixed.
Add eggs and mix.
Add 2 cups flour and mix, then add the last 2 cups of flour, salt and baking soda.
Mix, but do not let it get soupy!
Stir in the two bags of chocolate chips by hand. (this takes some muscles)
Yes. You heard that correctly.
Stir both bags right on in.

USE THE MINI CHIPS!!! (Nestle and Hersheys both make these-they both work well!)


This is what makes them perfectly shaped and fluffy!
Roll them into about 1" little balls before baking.
Take the time to do this-makes a BIG difference!


You are going to need a cooling rack with the small holes. If you don't have one, either buy one, or let the cookies cool for a minute or two on the sheet before moving them over...otherwise, they will melt through the rack (I made these at a friend's house before and that happened because her rack had MUCH larger squares)

I also use this square, metal spatula I got at Williams Sonoma.
It was 25 bucks.
Twenty-five of the best bucks I've ever spent!
You can also cut perfectly square brownies with this sucka!
Love it! It is WELL USED in my house!!!


BAKE FOR 8 MINUTES-or until SLIGHTLY browned on top. DO NOT OVERBAKE THESE!


VOILA! The best chocolate chip cookies you will ever sink your teeth into!
(That was said as humbly as I could...I'm sorry. My cookies are where I draw the line)

Now, go make some COOKIES!

And, let me know how you like them! !)

No comments: