Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A bad day in the Hills household

Why? Why can't we even make it through dinner without things (ie. clothes) going astray? Why?


This is to give you a very small idea of the mess that was waiting for me when I went upstairs. Four loads of clean, folded laundry...gone. Five dresser drawers full of clean, folded laundry...gone. My patience...gone. I think you get the point. But, just to make sure I drive the point home, I must explain what happened two days prior to this...

...I ran upstairs to put some makeup on. FIVE MINUTES I was gone. I came downstairs to enough water on the floor that I thought the toilet had overflowed and a naked son from the waist down who was holding a toy saucepan. I turn the corner and looked into our half bath to see about 1/2 an inch of water left in the bottom of the toilet. The rest had been flung, and I mean FLUNG all about the bathroom. Covering the blinds, the pictures, the floor, sink, Tate, you name it. Toilet water everywhere! What can a girl do but sit the kid somewhere where toilet water will not dirty up the house. The front porch was the only solution I could come up with, so I put my half naked, toilet water logged son on the front porch and began the cleanup. Dallas came home shortly afterward and asked Tate what happened. Tate's reply was, "Mommy gave me three spankings." OH! THAT is what happened! I must have spanked his clothes off and all the water out of the toilet when I spanked him with the saucepan! Now that explains it! Not my best "mommy moment." And, not Tate's best "son moment" either I must say.


2 comments:

the welches / הוולציס said...

I am soooo glad you thought to pull out your camera before the spankings began. Love it. love it. love it. Laugh out loud funny, even though I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time.

Diana said...

Hey Kelly
I'm just now gettin a chance to look at your blog. I am with Lydia, I think it is awesome that you got a picture of the clothes on the light. I'm wondering how that played out though. "TATE!" oh wait a minute.. *click*.. "TATE!".
(Well at least he didn't say cheese)